Wednesday Learning Co-op
Please read the following rules & guidelines for Co-op. Then follow the link at the bottom of the page to sign-up.
Co-op General Info
- Classes will be every other Wednesday for 8 meetings at First Assembly of God, 3401 S Houston St, Kaufman, TX 75142. For Spring 2020 we will begin January 22nd.
- Co-op will consist of 2 classes from 9:30-11:30 am. Then, weather permitting, P.E. and sack lunch at a local park.
- The cost is $20 per family (in addition to KACH’s yearly membership of $35), plus class fees to cover materials costs. We will try our best to keep this as low as possible.
- Your family must be a member of Kaufman Area Christian Homeschoolers (KACH) to participate in Co-op.
- Everyone must agree and abide by KACH’s rules. Everyone should show respect and kindness to each other, the church facility, and all equipment that will be used.
- One parent must be willing to teach, co-teach, be a class helper, nursery care, and/or have one duty each semester. Duties may include clean up, empty trash cans, clean restrooms, tidy classrooms, etc.
- If you agree to join, please make every effort to attend all classes. Co-ops succeed or fail based on each family’s involvement.
On Class Days
- Families should arrive on time and be ready for announcements and prayer by 9:20. If a family will be absent please notify Pam Blaylock by text or phone.
- There are no drop-offs. A parent must remain on site, unless prior arrangements have been made and approved.
- Children should bring basic supplies- pencil, scissors, crayons, notebook – as well as any addition supplies requested by the teacher.
- Please keep children from running in the halls and going into rooms that are not designated for KACH. This will help with clean up and keep accidents down.
- No food is allowed in the classrooms. A water bottle with closed lid is fine.
- Parents are responsible for their children, including any injuries or damages that may occur to the facilities.
- Illness spreads like wildfire! Please use your best judgement to decide if your child is too sick to attend.
- Each student (and parent) is asked to actively participate. If there are learning disabilities or medical issues please discuss it with the teacher so they can plan appropriately.
- KACH Co-op will follow Kaufman ISD when inclement weather is present. If school is canceled so will co-op. If KACH Co-op needs to be canceled for any other reason, we will notify everyone as soon as possible.
- If there is a problem with behavior- 1st a verbal warning will be given, 2nd parental discussion, 3rd removed from class. If a child continues to disobey they may be removed from KACH Co-op.
- There are no refunds for co-op dues.
We want this co-op to be fun for everyone! If you have any suggestions or ideas, please talk to Pam Blaylock or Elizabeth Hernandez. Your input is welcome.