Spring 2020 Classes:
- PreSchool for kids 3-5- Who are the People in your Neighborhood? We will take a walk around town through books and activities. We will create a notebook throughout the semester.
Class Fee: $5
1st Hour Class Choices:
- Anatomy (ages 6-9) – The class will learn about parts of the body and the job they do. They will also learn about how to keep their body healthy. Students will need to bring crayons, glue, scissors and a pencil to every class. Class Fee: $3
- Fun with Books (6-9) – Read aloud time accompanied by a simple craft, activity, or game to encourage general enjoyment of good books and new ideas. Class Fee: $4
- STEM (6-9) – This class will focus on hands-on learning of science, technology, engineering and math. It may get messy as we build and explore. Students will need to bring scissors, glue stick, markers. I will post early enough if something special is needed. Class Fee: $8
- Into the Wardrobe (10-13) – Journey into the Wardrobe with Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter. As we read the book The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, we will learn about the fantasy genre, determine why this story fits into that genre and be on the lookout for Biblical truths hidden in this classic tale. We’ll be sure to have some fun on our adventure being truth seekers and critical thinkers. By the end of the semester, the students will also have a completed lapbook. The class fee will cover lapbook making supplies and for each student to have a copy of the book. Class Fee: $8
- Cooking (10+) – Get acquainted with the kitchen. Everyone will learn the basics of kitchen skills and the art of cooking. We will prepare a dish in every class, and I will post the recipes on our co-op page for your students to show off their skills at home. High school students can earn a 1/2 credit elective. Class Fee: $15
- Watercolor and Brush Lettering (12+) – We will spend our time learning different watercolor techniques and will explore the wonderful world of calligraphy. I will provide Tombow fudenosuke (read: most awesome pen ever!) brush pens, practice sheets, self hydrating watercolor brushes, and watercolor paper. I have several paint options, but definitely feel free to bring your own as well. The more color the merrier! You will learn new skills, yes, but more than anything this will be a time to let your creativity run free! We will make pieces of art, bookmarks, magnets and more! Class Fee: $10
- Book Club (ages 14+) – This semester we will be exploring the genre of science fiction. We will explore space in Skyward by Brandon Sanderson, along with reading some epic poems, such as Beowulf. Next, we will dive into the spooky world of Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski. Please, have a copy of Skyward before class starts. I will purchase a copy of Nightfall for each student. Class Fee: $2.50
2nd Hour Class Choices:
- Art of Nature (ages 6-9) – Let’s explore the beautiful world God has made. This class will focus on nature journaling and nature related crafts. The class fee includes a journal that the kids will use in class. Class Fee: $7
- Baking (6-9) – This class will cover the fundamentals of baking and being in the kitchen. We will make pancakes, biscuits, pies and so forth. Class Fee: $8
- Learning with Legos (6-10) – In this class we will learn about geography, art, science, and maybe a little math too, using Legos. Each week will be a new topic. Students are welcome to bring their own Legos, but they need to be in a container with a lid and only used during class time. We will have a big container of Legos available for use. No Class Fee.
- Craft Creations (10-13) – Craft Creations allows students to express themselves through different types of art. Exploring color schemes and techniques, students will gain an appreciation towards their own handiwork, and that of their peers. This class will be working on different projects throughout the semester. Students will need a paint smock/old t-shirt/apron, their own set of paintbrushes with different tips (small, large, pointed, flat sets are under $5 at Walmart), and 3 of their favorite colors of acrylic paint (50 cents each at Walmart). Class fee includes basic paint and supplies for each project done in class. Class Fee: $12
- STEM (10-13) – This class will focus on hands-on learning of science, technology, engineering and math. It may get messy as we build and explore. Students will need to bring scissors, glue stick, markers. I will post early enough if something special is needed. Class Fee: $8
- Basic Electronics Theory (14+) – We’ll learn basic electronics theory, application, and circuit design. Please bring note taking materials and possibly a calculator. Class fee will include all other materials including a basic circuit building kit, which students may keep at the end of the semester. Class Fee $25
- Be Social and Hang Out (14+) – Let’s dispel the myth that homeschoolers are socially awkward! We will learn tips, tricks and etiquette in regards to social interaction and communication; And then we will put them into practice! Fellowship is one of the greatest gifts God gave us among the body of Christ. Let’s learn how to be a good steward of this gift! No class fee.
After classes, weather permitting, we can meet at Kaufman Sports Complex for lunch and PE play time.